Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:17:39 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <adridg@cs.kun.nl>, "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@withagen.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: System advice requested

>=20
> There are several hardware-issues related threads in the archives at
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/ -- it looks=20
> like some
> SATA stuff is to be avoided, depending on your FBSD install=20
> image the GigE
> may give you some trouble and require a different NIC for=20
> fetching newer
> sources, 4+2 DIMM configurations are crap.

At least with my board (an 'awful' 4+0 MSI K8T Master2-FAR board) the =
onboard broadcom NIC does not work correctly with bge. It does work with =
ndis though. Also for whatever reason -current as of last weekend would =
lock the machine up hard after ~ 30 minutes. Haven't had time to work on =
why.

-Will