Date:      Wed,  4 Aug 1999 02:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      junkmale@xtra.co.nz
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/12958: please change url for FreeBSD Diary from .com to .org.  thanks.

>Number:         12958
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       please change url for FreeBSD Diary from .com to .org.  thanks.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The following URLs contain links to The FreeBSD Diary.

docs.html
news/newsflash.html
news/news.html
ja/docs.html
projects/index.html
projects/projects.html

At present, these links refer to:
http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/

I'd prefer the link to be:
http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/

.org was not registered when the original link was created.  cheers.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
apply this patch.  sorry, but the ja doesn't work.  I don't know why.

patch also available from ftp.freebsddiary.org/pub/patch.diary if this buggers it up.

# cat patch.diary
*** ../docs.html        Sat Jul 31 11:07:45 1999
--- docs.html   Wed Aug  4 21:01:06 1999
***************
*** 250,260 ****

      <P>Like FreeBSD itself, this documentation is the product of a volunteer
        effort.  The goals of the project are outlined here, as are the
        procedures for submitting corrections and new material.</P>

!     <H2><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/">The
        FreeBSD Diary</A></H2>

      <P>The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of how-to entries aimed at UNIX
        novices.  The aim is to provide a set of step-by-step guides to
        installing and configuring various ports.</P>

!     <H2><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/">The
        FreeBSD Diary</A></H2>

      <P>The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of how-to entries aimed at UNIX
        novices.  The aim is to provide a set of step-by-step guides to
        installing and configuring various ports.</P>
*** ../news/newsflash.html      Mon Jul 26 11:03:00 1999
--- news/newsflash.html Wed Aug  4 21:09:19 1999
***************
*** 95,105 ****
          <A HREF="../releases/index.html">Release Information</A>
        page for more details.  Also be sure to check the
        <A HREF="../releases/3.1R/errata.html">release errata</A>
        after installation for any late-breaking issues with 3.1 that
        you might need to be aware of.</LI>
! <LI><B>04-Feb-1999</B> The <A HREF="http://www.FreeBSDDiary.com/freebsd/">;    FreeBSD Diary</A>, a collection of how-to entries aimed at Unix novices,
        is now available. </LI>
  </UL>

      <H2>January 1999</H2>
      <UL>
--- 95,105 ----
          <A HREF="../releases/index.html">Release Information</A>
        page for more details.  Also be sure to check the
        <A HREF="../releases/3.1R/errata.html">release errata</A>
        after installation for any late-breaking issues with 3.1 that
        you might need to be aware of.</LI>
! <LI><B>04-Feb-1999</B> The <A HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/">FreeBSD Diary</A>, a collection of how-to entries aimed at Unix novices,
        is now available. </LI>
  </UL>

      <H2>January 1999</H2>
      <UL>
*** ../news/news.html   Thu Jun 17 11:01:51 1999
--- news/news.html      Wed Aug  4 21:09:41 1999
***************
*** 43,53 ****

  <H2><A HREF="http://www.freebsdzine.org/">FreeBSD ezine</A></H2>
  <P>The FreeBSD 'zine is a monthly collection of easy to read (we hope)
  articles written by FreeBSD users and administrators just like you.</P>

  <H2><A NAME="freebsdrocks" HREF="http://www.freebsdrocks.com/">FreeBSD Rocks</A></H2>
--- 43,53 ----

  <H2><A HREF="http://www.freebsdzine.org/">FreeBSD ezine</A></H2>
  <P>The FreeBSD 'zine is a monthly collection of easy to read (we hope)
  articles written by FreeBSD users and administrators just like you.</P>

! <H2><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/">The FreeBSD Diary</A></H2>
  <P>The FreeBSD Diary is a collection of how-to entries aimed at UNIX
  novices.  The aim is to provide a set of step-by-step guides to
  installing and configuring various ports.</P>

  <H2><A NAME="freebsdrocks" HREF="http://www.freebsdrocks.com/">FreeBSD Rocks</A></H2>
*** ../ja/docs.html     Sat Jun 26 11:05:58 1999
--- ja/docs.html        Wed Aug  4 21:09:55 1999
***************
*** 242,252 ****

      <P>FreeBSD それ自身と同様, このドキュメンテーションもボランティア
        の努力の産物です. 間違いを正し, 新しい資料を付け加えてゆくという
        このプロジェクトの目標がここで概略されています.</P>

!     <H2><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/">FreeBSD 日記</A></H2>
      <P>FreeBSD 日記は, UNIX 初心者を対象とした "how-to" 形式の情報を集めたものです.
        さまざまな ports コレクションをインストールしたり設定するための,
        ステップバイステップのガイドの数々を提供するのが目的です.
      </P>

!     <H2><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/">FreeBSD 日記</A></H2>
      <P>FreeBSD 日記は, UNIX 初心者を対象とした "how-to" 形式の情報を集めたものです.
        さまざまな ports コレクションをインストールしたり設定するための,
        ステップバイステップのガイドの数々を提供するのが目的です.
      </P>

*** ../projects/index.html      Wed Aug  4 21:22:31 1999
--- projects/index.html Wed Aug  4 21:20:12 1999
***************
*** 76,86 ****
        </LI>
  <LI><A NAME="BSDsites" HREF="http://www.itworks.com.au/~gavin/FBSDsites.php3">;        RELEASE/SNAP finder for FreeBSD FTP servers</A>.
        A resource that would allow anyone to find a FTP server that contains
        particular releases and SNAP of FreeBSD. The database is updated daily
        at 3am Melbourne time (10 hours ahead of UTC).</LI>
! <LI><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/">;      The FreeBSD Diary</A> is a collection of how-to entries aimed at UNIX
        novices.  The aim is to provide a set of step-by-step guides to
        installing and configuring various ports.</LI>
  <LI><A NAME="freebsduserguide" HREF="http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/freebsd/">;   The FreeBSD User Guide</A>
        This is a little document on how to start with the FreeBSD Operating
        System (OS), a Unix variant. It's made for people who never used a
! <LI><A NAME="diary" HREF="http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/">;      The FreeBSD Diary</A> is a collection of how-to entries aimed at UNIX
        novices.  The aim is to provide a set of step-by-step guides to
        installing and configuring various ports.</LI>
  <LI><A NAME="freebsduserguide" HREF="http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/freebsd/">;   The FreeBSD User Guide</A>
        This is a little document on how to start with the FreeBSD Operating
        System (OS), a Unix variant. It's made for people who never used a
*** ../projects/projects.html   Wed Aug  4 21:22:31 1999
--- projects/projects.html      Wed Aug  4 21:24:11 1999