Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:02:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@mail.pacificnet.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.0 Virtual Hosts...

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, FreeBSD wrote:
> Im running a 2.1.7.1 FreeBSD box with apache 1.2.5 and I have running 21
> Virtual Hosts, yesterday I installed the apache 1.3.0 but all the syntax
> its complete different, and I can not use different IPs for each Virtual
> Host.

Maybe you should explain your problem in a little more detail.
Apache 1.3.0 works fine with *.conf files from 1.2.x for me.

I have about 150 virtual hosts on the machine I upgraded yesterday.
These are all IP based virtual hosts, not named virtuals.

FWIW, the only difference I've found is in .htaccess files where
AuthName used to take multi word realms fine and now needs to
have the realm quoted.  And my gut feeling is that performance
is a little better and system load is slightly lower.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com