Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:58:19 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Etienne de Bruin <edebruin@kathryn.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP Dialscript.

I have FreeBSD 2.0-Development with 0322 SNAPSHOT.
I have a US Robotics 14,400 Sportster Modem.
I am using PPP written by Toshiharu OHNO.
(I want to get the dial on demand going).

When working with the ppp.conf file, I have to set
the dial string, anyone know what the correct dialstring
is?

At the mo' it is set at:

default:
 set device /dev/cua01
 set speed 38400
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

but this does nothing, when I try a dial, the modem does not dial and a
dial failed is returned.

Any help?
--
Etienne de Bruin, MIKOMTEK/CSIR, Republic of South Africa
Somebody, Somewhere is gonna Praise His Name.