Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:41:32 +0100
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   FritzCard Pci2 - i4b-L1 ifpi2_isacsx_ind_hdlr deactivated

Hello,

I've installed a Fritz!Card PCI2. The card seems to be recognized at
boot time:

ifpi2-0: <AVM Fritz!Card PCI Version 2> port 0x8000-0x801f mem 0xed800000-0xed80001f irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0
ifpi2-0: ISACSX PSB3186
ifpi2-0: passive stack unit 0

However scanpci doesn't recognize the Fritz card.

Later when the kernel deals with I4B there is a strange message at
the beginning:

i4b-L1 ifpi2_isacsx_ind_hdlr: UNKNOWN Indication 0x1 in state F3 Deactivated
i4bisppp: 2 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
i4b: ISDN call control device attached
i4btel: 2 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
i4bipr: 2 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached (VJ header compression)
i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached

What does the message at the top mean? Is it relevant?
Is the card not fully supported?

I'm trying to run PPP over ISDN. The ppp tells it's dialing and
after 20 seconds tells there is no carrier detected. This is the
case whether isdnd is running or not.
Why can ppp start even if isdnd isn't running at all?

Isdnd is run like this:
/usr/sbin/isdnd -dn -d0x3fd -s 1 -f /var/tmp/isdntrac
I can't see any log from isdnd whether run as daemon or
interactively.
Isdntrace gets verbose when there is an incoming call to another
device but not when a PPP connection should be established.
The device for ppp is /dev/i4brbch0.
But it seems to me ppp has no connection to isdnd.

On Win98 the PPP connection over ISDN is working. So the
ISDN-installation shouldn't be a problem.

Some logs and config files are available at
http://home.datacomm.ch/hampi/logs/isdn/

Is the Fritz card not fully supported or is there some
misconfiguration?

-Hanspeter