Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:26:01 -0300
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fresh install on gmirror'ed disks?

On Friday 03 March 2006 12:27, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> JoaoBR wrote:

> > The only advantage I can see is when you really want raid at install ti=
me
> > and that definitly is not usual.
>
> What planet are you from? It's very usual. You setup RAID before you
> copy data to the array, not the other way around.

I am from planet earth, already from the round-ball one ;)

you said you waste your time installing the OS, activating raid and=20
re-installing the Os
now you talk about copying date

you can mirror or stripe without loosing data and you can do it online,=20
inserting and removing slices whenever you want

Jo=E3o