Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:25:56 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
To:        "Sergey V. Dyatko" <sergey.dyatko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad and synaptics

> works for me on head, amd64, lenovo ideapad b450:
>
> [tiger@laptop]:~%dmesg | grep psm
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> psm0: model Synaptics Touchpad, device ID 0
>
> [tiger@laptop]:~%grep syn /boot/loader.conf
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=1

Done that.

> xorg.conf:
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>         InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection

Done that also.

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "synaptics"
>         Option      "Protocol" "psm"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
>         Option          "SHMConfig"     "on"
>         Option        "MinSpeed"              "7"
>         Option        "MaxSpeed"              "9"
>         Option        "AccelFactor"           "0.0015"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> EndSection

This is not what I did. I put both mouse0 and Touchpad0
into conf file.

> [tiger@laptop]:~%grep mouse /etc/rc.conf
> mousechar_start="3"
> #moused_enable="YES"

Ah! Ah!
I put No and it made pointer frozen.

> [tiger@laptop]:~%pkg info -x input-s
> xf86-input-synaptics-1.5.0     X.Org synaptics input driver

Done that.
Frankly, I'd like to learn exact stept you've taken.
One by one. I made all, even stupid tries, and failed
without chance to have vertical scroll in any configu-
ration.
Best regards

                            Zoran