Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:20:02 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for comments: port-tags

On 9 Nov 2005 at 16:53, Haroon Khalid wrote:

> If you have any comments and suggestions with regard to port-tags, I
> would like to hear about it. Is it useful? How can we make it more
> useful? What are the shortcomings? Any show-stoppers which prevent you
> from using it?

Anton and I have discussed this off line and he's added some examples
on how to use port tags.

In short, as I understand them, the feature is an iterative key word
search.

You start with a list of ports and all the keywords (tags) for those
ports. You pick a keyword, and the list of ports reduces to ports
with just that keyword.  Then you repeat the process with an ever-
decreasing number of ports and keywords, until you have a list of
ports that is reasonble to read through.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/