Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 1997 19:54:44 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        michaelv@mindbender.serv.net (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com), hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2G SCSI disks?

On Feb 5, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith) wrote:
> Hell, Michael, there's a damn good reason why I specified SCSI disk
> for these units.  But the $400 IBM disk I specified might as well
> never have existed; I have the option of an Atlas-II ($800) or a 2G
> 'cuda (~$1000), or I swallow my pride and happiness and go IDE.

In some mail order price lists I found the DORS to be replaced
by a DCAS of same capacity and speed. The DCAS seems to be a
little more expensive than the DORS (some 10%), though.
(The DORS is available for <560DM (US$300) from multiple sources,
the DCAS for 639DM or US$340 from a few. I didn't try to actually
order one, the last few weeks, though ...)

Is the 2GB Atlas II really that expensive ?
I've seen it for 1075DM (which translates into US$570 if you
substract the local VAT of 15%) and the 4GB version is 1579DM
or US$840 ...

Regards, STefan