Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:18:36 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current build from today dying in `less`

--hnsKUeImFCk/igEn

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 09:13:12PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 06:14:30PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:34:03AM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:
> > > I haven't seen that one at all.  There were a few bumps in the road
> > > through the past few days as people were doing their usual last
> > > minute before code freeze commit flurries... :-)
> > >=20
> > > We're in code freeze now and a test run on sparc64 updated last night
> > > ran for me with no problems.  Give updating one more try, if it still
> > > doesn't work let us know.
> >=20
> > I re-cvsup'd after seeing your e-mail (about 10am -0600) and ran into
> > the same thing (though it took until now to confirm it, as you can see):
> >=20
> > cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/src/usr.bin/less/../less -I/usr/src/usr.bin/less/..=
/../contrib/less   -o less main.o screen.o brac.o ch.o charset.o cmdbuf.o c=
ommand.o decode.o edit.o filename.o forwback.o help.o ifile.o input.o jump.=
o line.o linenum.o lsystem.o mark.o optfunc.o option.o opttbl.o os.o output=
=2Eo position.o prompt.o search.o signal.o tags.o ttyin.o version.o -ltermc=
ap
> > screen.o(.text+0xe0): In function `raw_mode':
> > : undefined reference to `tty'
>=20
> I'm at a loss - I've done three machines today with no similar problems.
> Can you check /etc/make.conf to see if anything odd has snuck in there?
> I have also seen builds freak out if your system time is too far away
> from reality but most people have that problem while making the jump
> over the time_t transition and you said you're past that.

I was getting spurious errors on amd64 in the libarchive build yesterday;
make cleandir && make cleandir && make clean && make cleandir && make
cleandir was probably excessive but made the problem go away.

Ceri
--=20
It is not tinfoil, it is my new skin.  I am a robot.

--hnsKUeImFCk/igEn

--hnsKUeImFCk/igEn--