Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 16:10:15 +0300
From:      Ievgen Krapyva <ykrapiva@gmail.com>
To:        Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How is monitor brightness is controlled ?

Thank you, Stewart,

I've already got some knowledge and looked throught the variables, there is
nothing similar in there.

devel-pc# sysctl -a | grep lcd
devel-pc# sysctl -a | grep brightness

I've also tried loading acpi_video.ko, that also does not work.
In fact none of the Fn+ combintations work on my laptop, except  of
Fn+F2 (turns on/off Wireless devices).
I feel it's not under control of FreeBSD rather BIOS is doing it (correct me
if I'm wrong). Pressing this combination just turns off Wi-Fi on a hardware
level, in FreeBSD I can see the effect by examining the contents of dmesg:

wlan0: link state changed to DOWN

I assume I should move in the direction of ACPI, right ?

Best regards,
Ievgen