Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:46:51 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@molemanarmy.com>
Cc:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slightly OT: Unix MTA vs Exchange

Wayne Pascoe (freebsd@molemanarmy.com) wrote:

> If however, they are using it for shared calendaring or the calendar
> and mail client integration, be careful. I don't know of any
> applications on Unix platforms that provide this kind of 'groupware'.
>
> If anyone has any information to contradict this, I'd be interested to
> hear it. I'd love to be able to punt a decent alternative to Exchange.

It's not ready today, but the Mozilla Calendar project at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar aims to do provide an open
calendar solution. It's not ready to show your boss or anything, but
there are files availble for download now.

Promising screen shots at
http://www.oeone.com/index.php?SCREEN=developers/calendar

--
Christopher Farley