Date:      20 Nov 2000 02:09:29 -0000
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   State of bridging and dummynet in FreeBSD 4.x

I received email from Luigi that whilst Archie's commits have enabled
bridging on all interfaces, it has broken the combination of bridging
and dummynet. I have never used dummynet before so don't know what
broken means but I have rolled out 3 filtering bridges (bridging +
ipfw) in the last two months on 4.1-stable and they have been rock
solid

I saw that a netgraph bridge node type was available but according to
the man page, there is no support for IPFW filtering and consequently
dummynet support. Don't know if there are plans to get this support in
and subsequently use netgraph to build filtering bridges and traffic
shaping bridges

Does anybody have any idea about this regression of dummynet from 3.x
to 4.x and are there any patches available for this ?

Regards, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@outblaze.com