Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:10:16 -0700
From:      Ryan Hill <rhill@xypoint.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ifconfig syntax in rc.conf

all,

can someone take a look at this and tell me if I've got the syntax right
here - this is based on the examples found in the /etc/defaults/rc.conf:

ifconfig_de0_media="100BaseTX"

I'm trying to turn off autosensing on these NICS (its really, really bad)
and I'm trying to come up with a way to do it at boot time.  If the syntax
above isn't correct or possible, that's fine too, I could right a small
script and drop it into rc.d instead, but I'd prefer the rc.conf route if
possible (yes, I am lazy).

thanks,
ryan