Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 1995 08:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wdc.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, buaas@wireless.wdc.net
Subject:   Re: multimedia group? (fwd)

Dear Multimedia Group:

Amancio Hasty told us that he didn't have enough time to support
multimedia configurations under FreeBSD and told us to mail
multimedia@freebsd.org.

I personaly (after a bit of grief because of the lack of documentation)
managed to get a soundblaster Pro working under FreeBSD 2.1 and 2.15.

But now, buaas@wireless.wdc.net (Bob Buaas) and I are trying to get the
MAD16 working under FreeBSD. The Linux mad16 driver is definitely there,
but we've been having trouble porting it to FreeBSD, because we aren't
all that familiar with Linux device driver specs and the most of the docs
are only for Linux.

Is there someone who has taken over Amancio Hasty's task of keeping
current information on sound driver for FreeBSD and that could help us
by giving us a description of the porting strategy?
Is  there a  public mailing list for discussion of FreeBSD sound driver
issues?

Thanks a lot.

Bernie Doehner bad@uhf.wdc.net
Bob Buaas buaas@wireless.wdc.net