Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 16:42:43 +0200
From:      Niek Bergboer <niek@wit379119.student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/ptmx equivalent for Linux ABI?

Hi,

The installation of the commercial product Matlab R12 under FreeBSD
works perfectly with the Linux ABI, thanks to whoever coded up this
ABI!

The single remaining problem is that Matlab expects to find a
Linux-like /dev/ptmx (a pseudo terminal master mux). Failure to find
this device results in a running Matlab that is unable to execute
external commands.

Is there any equivalent BSD device (so that I can symlink /dev/ptmx to
that), or did I miss a kernel configuration option?

Thanks,

Niek

PS: I run FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, version of three days ago, on a dual
Celeron SMP system.

--
Conscience doth make cowards of us all.
                -- Shakespeare