Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 05:12:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Walter <mwalterm@yahoo.com>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adapter requests unavailable memory address

I haven't been able to find a thread about memory
resource errors but perhaps someone has run into a
similar problem and can offer me some advice.  Details
of my problem are below.

I have a NetFinity 5100R running Redhat 6.2 with the
2.2.18 smp kernel.I am adding an AHA-2940UW Pro to
connect external disks.  I patched the kernel, rebuilt
it, and booted up with the 2940UW Pro and everything
seemed to work fine.  Then I connected the AHA-2940UW
Pro to a SCSI disk and rebooted and got "1801 PCI
Error" and my system won't boot up.

Looking up the error, I find "A PCI adapter card has
requested memory resources that are not available."  I
got the latest driver for kernel 2.2.18 from:

http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux

and the card has the latest BIOS according to
www.adaptec.com.

How do I troubleshoot my card asking for a memory
address that is already being used?  Should I be
looking at my aic7xxx driver? the BIOS on my card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mw