Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 23:19:44 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki HANAI <hanai@astec.co.jp>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Local translations of www.freebsd.org

From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject: Local translations of www.freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 01:32:26 -0700 (PDT)

> This is just a quick note concerning sites like www.ar.freebsd.org which
> maintain localized versions of the home page.  Having local language versions
> is certainly a good thing and I'm very happy to see it, I'm simply wondering
> if:
>
> 	A) It's better to try and somehow merge these back into the master
> 	   sources so that anyone with a CVS repository could do something
> 	   like:
>
> 		cvs co -P www
> 		cd www/data
> 		make LANG=ja_JP.EUC
>
> 	   or whatever interface makes the most sense (maybe they go to
> 	   www/data/ja_JP.EUC instead - I'm not Mr. I18N here :-) for
> 	   making the Japanese copy of www.freebsd.org.
>
> 	   Then www.jp.freebsd.org simply builds its own pages from source
> 	   instead of mirroring www.freebsd.org and everybody's happy.
>

> 	B) Simply syncing this by hand whenever significant changes occur
> 	   rather than building a mechanism for it.  This appears to be
> 	   the system in place now. :-)
>
> If we choose (A) then John Fieber is certainly going to need to tell us
> how to do it since he's the web god around here.  If we choose (B) then
> I guess this is a "heads up!" to all regional www maintainers that
> the FreeBSD home page has changed significantly and the translation crews
> should start considering another revision of their local copies. :)

We, Japanese people, are going to make the translation.
Have we decided which one to be chosen?
I've searched my mail boxes, but I don't find any mail about it...

Also, we are providig original pages at
<URL:http://www.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/>.
How do you think about them?
They should be put into the CVS repository at freefall?

--
H.Hanai