Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:06:34 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Using different versions of Python?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 04:06:54AM +0100, Philip Paeps wrote:
>How would I tell a port to use a certain version of Python?  I would like
>palm/plucker to use Python 2.1 instead of 2.2 (it's broken under 2.2,
>according what I read on their mailing-list).
>
>There doesn't appear to be any easy way to tell a port to use a certain
>version that I can see.  Perhaps I'm overlooking something?
>
>Thanks for any hints!
>
> - Philip

You can set PYTHON_VERSION, I believe. Look at the Zope port for
details, and mail me if you can't figure it out. Note that it will have
to refer to the python binary by its versioned name for this to work.
--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.