Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:16:02 -0400
From:      "Cliff Cole" <ccole@innerx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Partitioning

Hello,
    This is probably a very simple question but I want to basically see
everyone's thoughts about partitioning.  I want to know what the best way to
partition a drive and how many drives to use so it will be fast as possible
using as least as possible is I/O.  I've read having a second harddrive for
your /var partition because it is being written to is a good idea.  Would it
be good to have 2 or more hard drives to make the server faster?  I am
wanting to setup a email server and in the past I have had problems with
using to much disk I/O.  Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Cliff