Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 00:13:03 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <tom@peeper.my.domain>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't compile new kernel FreeBSD 2.1.5

On Fri, Apr 11, 1997 at 10:55:31PM -0400, Karl Philip Waddell wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> Attached please find a copy of my kernel configuration file and the make
> file output. I have reviewed the config file and it looks ok. I do not
> know why I am getting the error during "make". Please advise.
>
> The system is a 386/20 with 12MB of ram, 1 fd0 (1.44), SB16 and
> associated CDROM, 3Com 3c509 Nic card, and a Colorado Tape Drive 320
> attached to the floppy controller.
> [ snipped.. ]

Not familar with your error but perhaps you relate how your system was
setup ie. cdrom, ftp, ? and if you build/get a boot floppy, what does the
dmesg report. I also would minimise the kernel build for the first build
( no firewall, soundcard, nonessentials ) then add the goodies once you
have a successful build. btw does the generic kernel build okay?

good luck

--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                      http://www.freebsd.org