Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 2003 12:01:25 -0800
From:      andrew morton <drewish@katherinehouse.com>
To:        Lee Damon <nomad@castle.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM T30:  battery life under 5.0-current, ACPI/APM and sleep issues

Lee Damon wrote:
> Is anyone else with an IBM ThinkPad seeing these problems, or am I
> just not doing things right?

I took the advice someone else offered and just disabled ACPI. APM works
well enough. I can't get the laptop to goto sleep but that's perferable
to going to sleep and never waking (as it did with ACPI). I have no idea
if if the problem is with FreeBSD's ACPI code or IBM's wacky BIOS, I've
given up and settled for good enough. If you do get ACPI working please
post any hints to the list, I might take another try at it.

andrew