Date:      Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:26:15 +0200
From:      Antal Ritter <antalr@mail.dunapack.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnat for FreeBSD 3.1?

Hi,

I'm back... :-(.

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 04:15:27PM +0200, M. L. Dodson wrote:
> [...]
> adding a gnat package.  You might try looking for a package on
> one of the European mirrors, then doing a pkg_add.  Then you
> should be able to bootstrap into the ports version (if it differs
> from that of the package).  Theoretically, that is. ;-)

Thanks for the help. I finally found a gnat package for 2.2.8
( I don't exactly know why I was not able to find it earlier...
I tried to find a package, but probably I was not dedicated enough :-). )

I installed it, and the port is now not broken... But it does not
work either. If I understand it well then this binary distribution
is for aout, and I have an elf system. I am getting the
messages from ld that there's no /usr/lib/crt0.o file, which is
true. I installed the compat22 package, but it does not help.

I tried to search the list archives for a solution, but I could
not find anything I coud do.

Somebody suggested for a similar problem to copy the static libraries
from a 2.2.8 system, but I don't have one.

Is there anything I can do? Is it possible that on another mirror
somewhere I would find a package for elf systems? Or I need to get
something from a 2.2.8 distribution? Or I'm completely misunderstood
something and I have everything I need, just can't see it?

Thanks for your help in the past and in advance. I must say I like
this list.

							Antal