Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:22:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Horis <dvdhoris@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mount and repair HD?

Hello,

A Snap Server 1100 just died on me... (Single drive, FreeBSD-based, I think...)

I think it's not HD related as I can't even get into to the hardware/bios reset mode.

Have you folks ever heard of anyone opening one of these things up and mounting the drive on a regular PC?

Since the drive probably has some coruption, due to the MB/OS crash, how would I go about fixing those before I mount the drive and try to copy off the files?

Since I am not familiar with *nix, can someone point me to a walk through on this?   (Is there a FreeBSD live CD I could use?)

Thanks,
David