Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 14:21:06 +0200
From:      Pascal Gienger <p@znet.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unitlengthsrc=rates ignored? and: Problems with "FSM illegal state".

Ich habe 2 Probleme mit i4b 00.51:

1.)
I am a subscriber of AOCD information. But due to the many special tariffs
of Deutsche Telekom, they are getting less useful. At weekends, I have the
"CityWeekend" tariff giving me 240 seconds-units during Saturday and
Sunday.
So i changed "isdnd.rates" (ra0, day 0 and 6 with 240secs in the period
00-24) and I changed the unitlenghtsrc in isdnd.rc to
unitlenghtsrc = rates

Now, after successfully establishing a connection, isdnd reports that
it will use 240 seconds/unit. Fine.... until the first AOCD accounting
packet arrives. :( This overrides isdnd's mechanism as if I typed
"unitlengthsrc = aocd". So I would consider this a bug. ;-) If I put
"unitlengthsrc = rates" in my isdnd.rc, I want isdnd to take his info from
isdnd.rates, and not from AOCD. ;-))

2.)
After some connections and disconnections, I am not able any more to
hangup manually a connection. isdnd reports a line like this:

Apr  3 13:51:06 finesse isdnd[2573]: ERR FSM ILLEGAL STATE [disconnect-req: \
 idle => Illegal State]

After this message arrived, it is no more possible to use this channel.
So when the remote router finishes the connection (I am no more able to do
it) and try again to dial out on the same channel (because the other one
is busy), the following appears:

Apr  3 18:09:09 finesse isdnd[2573]: ERR FSM ILLEGAL STATE [msg-dialout: \
 Illegal State => Illegal State]

Solution is to end isdnd and to restart it. However, if you don't stop isdnd
with his own function (his own menu) and you do a "killall isdnd", you won't
be able to start isdnd any more. The following messages appear:

Apr  3 18:17:26 finesse isdnd[15764]: ERR init_controller: unknown card type 0
Apr  3 18:17:26 finesse isdnd[15764]: DMN daemon terminating, exitval = 1

So it's time to reboot.. ;-)

In case of interest: I have a 486 DX 33 with FreeBSD 2.2.5 and a
Teles S0.16/3-card.

Ah yes, I forgot something:

The problem of missed interrupts and buffer overruns while receiving data
is still there. In i4b 00.42 I got many messages saying

Mar  2 23:44:02 finesse /kernel: i4b-L1-isic_hscx_irq: RAWHDLC rx buffer \
 overflow in RPF, in_len=2048

It always appeared when swichting fastly between virtual syscons consoles.
Now with i4b 00.51 it doesn't appear any more, but the effects are remaining
the same. TCP/IP packets are missed and the connection does not transfer any
data for 2 oder 3 seconds.
Is a 486DX33 perhaps too slow to answer all the generated interrupts?

Pascal
--
p@znet.de                  Factum Data            - A woman without a man
http://pascal.znet.de/     Pascal Gienger         - is like a fish without