Date:      11 Sep 1998 18:16:40 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Co=EFdan?=  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        vallo@matti.ee
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr: frequent ccb errors and crashes

Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee> writes:
> Yeah, nice to see that you have IBM disks, but these are truly overpriced
> here, Quantum costs about half of the IBM disks. Do you suggest replacing
> controller or what I can do to test that specific controller. Maybe I'm
> having a faulty controller, that is.

Bullshit. I don't know about the Baltic countries, but in Norway,
large IBM SCSI drives cost much less than equivalent Quantum or
Seagate drives. Example (from Tech Computers in Oslo):

   UltraStar 9ZXS  9,1 GB  DDRS-39110W
   6.3ms, 1024kB, 10000 rpm, UW-SCSI
     6.650,- 8.180,-

   Cheetah 9.1 GB ST19101W
   8ms, 512kB, 10000 rpm, UW-SCSI
     7.290,- 8.967,-

The IBM drive is not only cheaper, but faster too. (the first price is
without sales tax, the second is with tax)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no