Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:07:43 -0400
From:      Ken Lam <klam@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   scsi errors in CURRENT with AHA2940

I've got a 2940 in a P5-90 with SiS chipset.

The following is what I have from the logs, note that it doesn't
crash, can't access the drives (input/output error, I believe).

sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out in dataout phase, SCSISIGI == 0x0
sd0(ahc0:0:0): BUS DEVICE RESET message queued.
sd0(ahc0:0:0): timed out in dataout phase, SCSISIGI == 0x0
ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset #1. 2 SCBs aborted
sd1(ahc0:1:0):  Power on, reset, or bus device reset occurred field replaceable
unit: 1

I've been having problems with the system and haven't been able to
identify the cause, I have checked termination, and swapped with known
good cables.

Suggestions?

TIA,
Ken
---
Ken Lam
"'Plug and Play' only worked with the original ATARI(tm)"