Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 18:35:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot messages (Was: Sun Workshop compiler vs. GCC?)

moved to -chat

I concur with others that high quality graphics during boot up would help
build up the FreeBSD user base (should this be a goal?).  One thing that
distinguishes Walnut Creek is that they have a better sense of graphical
design and packaging than the other cdrom outfits.

If graphics and aesthetics weren't important, then we would mostly be
using monochrome monitors.

As long as the splash screen can be disabled with and escape, I think it
should be fine.  The device probes are useful when bringing up a news
system (mainly to see where things hang up), but after that, the dmesg
command is how I look at that information.

Charles Mott