Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 23:53:10 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

On 9 Mar 2001, at 10:19, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> There isn't such a list currently, but for a while every commit to
> cvs-all has contained a header that you can filter on for the branch
> that you're interested in:

It's possible in theory, but how often is it done in practice?  I don't recall
ever seeing such an example.  I've always seen it broken into two
commits.

> It's my long term goal to produce a proper branch mailing list, but this
> means doing clever stuff with the commits because it's possible for a
> committer to affect more than one branch at a time.

This is also a goal of FreshPorts2.  I guess we're going to have to look
closely at this characteristic of the header.  Either that or compile the
XML at the same time as the cvs-all message is created.

--
Dan Langille
pgpkey - finger dan@unixathome.org | http://unixathome.org/finger.php