Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 18:26:07 +0100
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Teletext and intercast

> I can't swear, but in the Hauppauge Win/TV, the teletext decoder is a
> piece of hardware (two chips from Philips)

Yes.

> and the associated
> documentation says that intercast decoding is done in software.

Yes.

Potentially interesting, but we don't have Intercast here anyway (does
anywhere outside the US?)

> At this point I really need a copy of some of the Bt848 pages

Amancio put some up for ftp for me a few weeks ago, but I think I
deleted them when I got the paper manual - maybe Amancio still has
them?  Incidentally, I emailed Brooktree in the US and they must have
contacted their UK distributor, since it eventually came from a UK
company called TDC after I'd given up hope.  So maybe you'll get them
eventually.  If you want to try TDC for the specs, their phone number
is +44 1256 332800 or fax ... 332810.

-- Richard