Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:07:47 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPD whith +pap and login (whoami?)

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Paulo Fragoso wrote:

> I wuold like write a script for many things. But I don't know get UID
> when my users are logged whith pppd using "+pap login auth". This script
> is started from getty whith
> ":de#2:np:sp#115200:pp=/usr/local/etc/pwin:".
>
> Pppd write in the file wtmp the username but 'pwin' script has UID=0.
> Are there any solution whithout write anything in some file to get
> username?

Think about it carefully.  pwin is started by root, as is pppd.  pppd
does not know who is logging on until it has been started and negotiates
a user/password.  pwin *never* knows who is going to log on.  Try using
the ppp-up, ppp-down scripts for what you are trying to do, whatever that is.

/*  Daniel O'Callaghan                                                     */
/*  HiLink Internet <http://www.hilink.com.au/>;       danny@hilink.com.au  */
/*  FreeBSD - works hard, plays hard...                 danny@freebsd.org  */