Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:56:39 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: DNS redundancy & load balancing

>Indeed but clients have their primary DNS server set to our primary, thus if
>our primary goes down no resolution takes place.
>Clients have a their seconday DNS set to our secondary DNS, but we've found
>that often M$ machines never even try looking at their secondary DNS server.
>Any ideas ?

Nice GUI, too bad about the program. :)))

Yes, I have heard that MS resolvers don't really fall through to the
2nd+ DNS's that their GUI leads you to believe they will do.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T9B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways