Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 21:30:19 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changes for Audio control on the bt848 code

Amancio Hasty:
 |3. Maybe a motif client . I have not tried this out yet however it
 |   looks promising:

Motif is sure a nice toolkit (develop with it at work) and I'd prefer to
use it.  But since we're in the free software business, I'd hate to burden
users with having to go buy Motif to use the program, or have to ship
statically linked binaries.  And from what I hear, the Motif clones
(Lesstiff, etc.) aren't quite up to it yet.  For what we need, I bet
Athena, FWF, and the other free widget libraries are probably going to be
sufficient.

 |             lxb 0.5 - X/Motif GUI Builder

Thanks for the ptr--I'll check out the new version.  I tried 0.4 a few
weeks ago and couldn't get the simplest widget tree built -- core dumped
right and left.  But things surely have improved.

Randall