Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:35:54 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
Cc:        "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: My Experience With FreeBSD

"Victor R. Cardona" wrote:

> >  Doug, I would not aim Microsoft also. This is business. And nothing evil.
> > Personally I do not like Microsoft products, they are unstable. But no one
> > makes you to use them. Bill Gates did not come to people with automatic gun
> > and tell them: "Hey Folk, buy Microsoft Products, or I will shoot you !".
> > It's people who made Microsoft gigantic corporation. No one makes you to buy
> > products, if you don't like it- do not buy it and do not use it. Easy as
> > 1,2,3.
>
> Try buying a new computer without Windows. Granted it is a lot easier
> now then it once was, but still most off the shelf PCs come with
> Microsoft software.

Far be it for me to defend Microsoft, but I seriously doubt that they
actually held a gun to the head to Dell, Packard Bell, IBM, Acer, et al,
forcing them to ship their products with Windows. It does no good
calling Microsoft evil when it's the computer manufacturer that sells
the "take it or leave it" systems.

David