Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 15:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan Batie <batie@agora.rdrop.com>
To:        jdfalk@cybernothing.org (J.D. Falk)
Cc:        phk@dk.tfs.com, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stopping mailspam without tears...

> 	Rumour has it that Eric Allman is planning to include some
> 	anti-spam hacks in the next distribution; for those who are
> 	impatient, most of 'em are already available at various
> 	sites linked from http://spam.abuse.net/.

I'm using those and my sendmail is happily rejecting 20-40K messages/day;
not all by any means, but it stops me from being a relay and also stops
a lot of the worst scam junk (they tend to use invalid domains, which
the filters check for).

--
Alan Batie                   ______      It's not my fault!  It's some guy
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      named "General Protection"!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.