Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:39:36 +0000
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <Charles.A.Peters@ais.ais-gwd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cable Modem / IP Masquradeing

I currently have a cable modem connected to my lan hub, I also have 2
ip addresses, but I have 6 win95 computers on my network.  I also
have a freebsd 2.2.6 box here that I would like to set up as a
router.

My goal is to allow all of my computers to access the internet via
the bsd router box using one ip address, and setup the second ip
address on another bsd box for use as a ftp server.

Also, can I set up some type of firewall.

I have used midpoint gateway software to do something similar to
this, but this same scanerio must be duplicated at 6 other locations,
and using midpoint would be cost prohibitive.

By the way, I kinda new to freebsd.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

charlespeters@tecpro.com