Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 10:14:11 +0100 (BST)
From:      Rob Pickering <rob@syntonet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sppp, IFF_DEBUG and OpenBSD

I finally got around to replacing bisdn with i4b on my OpenBSD 2.3
system, it took less than 30 mins to get everything installed and
configured and is now working great.

One small problem I've encountered is that I can't persuade sppp to
log anything to kern.debug in this environment. Thankfully it just
worked first time with my ISP without needing to debug PPP connection
stuff but since there is an OpenBSD port (thanks!), I presume that
there is at least one other person on this list using
i4b-00.63-alpha-100798 + OpenBSD (2.3?). Does anyone else have
experience of sppp logging working on OpenBSD?

Here is my configuration:

isppp0: flags=2815<UP,DEBUG,POINTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,LINK1>
        inet XXXXXXXXXXXX --> YYYYYYYYYYYY netmask 0xfffffffc
isppp1: flags=1815<UP,DEBUG,POINTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,LINK0>
        inet 172.18.90.1 --> 172.18.90.2 netmask 0xfffffffc

kern.debug is logged to /var/log/messages, where I'm getting other
kern.debug level stuff logged OK (so no syslog.conf problem).

--
	Rob.