Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:31:42 -0500
From:      daveb@mail.borg.com
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freeBSD install comments

Hello,

Heres a couple of comments about the freebsd install of 2.1.7 I did last
night.

	I tried to install from cd-rom without success.  I got an error stating
a file could not be found (XF86-CX.TGZ ??).  I then attempted to install
from a DOS partition.  This seemed to work ok, until I got to the
section about the boot manager.  Looks like even though I selected Leave
boot area alone, The install overwrote my Windows 95 boot stuff.

I am able to "mount" my C drive, it looks like all windows directories
and files are there and intact.

My environment is like this:  A 3.1 GB WD EIDE drive with a C partition
(2GB) and a D partition (1GB).  During the install, I deleted the D
partition, and created a freebsd partition in its place.

	Could you give me some guidance as to how to get my Windows boot MGR
back without having to re-install all of windows 95 and Apps ???

Thank You for your help

Dave Barnum daveb@mail.borg.com