Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 16:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        accent@inficad.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE32 support

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 accent@inficad.com wrote:

> I have recompiled my kernel with the snd0 and sb0 line added.  I see it
> detects my sb0 line without a problem, however I am unable to mount any
> audio cd's.  Am I missing something here???  I am using xcdplayer but it
> tells me "device not configured"!! Is this a problem in my kernel or did I
> not set up xcdplayer correctly???  Any suggestions for this newbie would be
> greatly appreciated..

This is an issue with your CDROM controller, which is probably a secondary
IDE controller on your sound card.  Unfortunately, the likelihood of
detecting CDROMs that are attached to sound cards is very low.  I would
suggest moving your CDROM to the slave position on your primary IDE
channel (to which your hard disk is connected to).  Make sure you switch
the jumpers on your hard disk so it will continue to work with your CD
attached.  Then try booting FreeBSD and see if the wdc probe finds it.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo