Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 12:58:01 -0700
From:      Brian Howell <bdhowell@genwell.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Config fails during kernel build

When I ran config after having just edited my configuration file on my
virginal 2.2.x system, (just loaded it from the CD-ROM), config aborted
with the message....

	config: can't open ../config/devices.(null)

And that's all she wrote.  I know it's probably something
really _stupid_ like I'm running config in the wrong directory--I'm
in the directory that contains my edited kernel file:

	/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/

I admit to being a total newbie at this.  Thanks for your assistance,

Brian Howell