Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:42:35 +0100
From:      Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gary Dunn <osp@aloha.com>
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth DUN tun0 IP setting

Dnia sobota, 19 lutego 2011 o 16:26:14 Gary Dunn napisa=B3(a):
> Previously sent to freebsd-questions and received no response. Hopefully
> someone here has solved this.
>=20
> Freebsd 8.0-RELEASE-p2.
> Fujitsu Lifebook T1010.
> T-Mobile myTouch 3G slide.
> Android 2.1.
> PDA Net tether app.
>=20
> I get to where I can run rfcomm -a ... and PDA Net on phone responds
> that it is running, shows byte count, but a few seconds my console
> displays error.
>=20
> tun0: Error: ipcp_InterfaceUp: unable to set ip address.
I had such error when there was a mistake(one letter missing) in my ppp.con=
f.=20
If you search the net you'll see similar errors. Check your ppp.conf or=20
provide it here to look into it. One more pair of eyes can see that error=20
eventually :)

> The tun0 appears in ifconfig /all but with no tcp/ip settings.
If I understood your cfg right probably because your ppp can't set it=20
correctly.

> In Windows 7 the tunnel interface gets 192.168.9.2, gateway and dhcp at
> 9.1.
>=20
> I suspect /etc/ppp/ppp.conf network settings, on the 10.10.0 network.
Indeed there may be a problem.

Maciej