Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Scott Campbell <scampbel@gvpl.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using Ipsec over dual link?

I want to set up an encrypted link VPN to another site using two seperate
links, (wireless and cable).  I've found information on the routing side
so that traffic can still go through if one of the links fails.  I've
found other information on ipsec side to link two gateways.  How can I
combine the two?

Gateway 1			Gateway 2
10.1.0.254			10.2.0.254
  on 10.1.0.0/24		  on 10.2.0.0/24
outside addr 1.1.1.1		outside addr 1.1.1.2 (wireless ips)
outside addr 2.2.2.1		outside addr 2.2.2.2 (cable ips)

On Gateway 1 (routed)
net 10.2.0.0/24 gateway 1.1.1.2 active
net 10.2.0.0/24 gateway 2.2.2.2 metric 1 active

How do I config ipsec for that?

Or should I use a pppoe configuration, or ?

Scott E. Campbell
Systems Administrator - Computer Operations
Greater Victoria Public Library
Victoria BC CANADA

scampbel@gvpl.ca