Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:41:45 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will It Never End? (was Re: CA Power Shortage (was Re: Why do you support Yahoo!))

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 04:46:45PM -0500, jack wrote:
> Today Crist J. Clark wrote:
>
> > As long as the state of Florida had its Electoral College
> > representitives casting their votes by the deadline, I think it would
> > be up to the Florida executive (in the form of the Sec. of State in
> > this case),
>
> Appointed to her job by W's brother and co-chair of W's Florida
> campaign committee.  No hint of partisanship there.  :)

But partisanism (is that even a word?) is pretty much expected from
the executive or legislative branches. We only really only try pretend
that the judiciary is free of such base motives.

Anyway, IIRC, it usually is the governor who does that job, but Jeb
stepped down. I mean, yeah, the head of the executive _is_ the guy's
brother. What can you really do? It is the job of the executive to run
the election and the administration is made up of the governor's
people, so, yeah, the governor's appointees are running the
election. Wanna hear a real scandal? People appointed by George
W. _himself,_ not his brother, ran the election in Texas. ;)