Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:11:19 -0500
From:      Nicholas Merrill <nick@calyx.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote site monitoring suggestions

At 09:54 PM 1/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Can someone recommend a good/reliable package to monitor the status
>(ftp, http, smtp, pop3, system load) of a remote site? I am looking
>for a package that has some type of visual output (tty or X) and
>email or pager notification of trouble.
>
>The local and remote sites are running FreeBSD-2.2.5-STABLE
>and are connected via T-1 lines.

If your personal box is a windows machine, then you can monitor
all your other stuff using a neat program called IPSentry.

Unfortunately, it's not free but it is graphical, it will play a sample of
your choice if a service is down, and it will page you using a modem.

But perhaps you only wanted a UNIX based solution..

Nick
Nicholas Merrill      24 Hour pager: 917-381-0500     Voice: 212-965-0946
President / CEO       http://www.calyx.net            Fax  : 212-292-7313
Calyx Internet Access 13-17 Laight St. NYC, NY 10013  Email: nick@calyx.net