Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:45:34 +0200
From:      Eric Veraart <eric@monkey-online.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Squid problem with FORM METHOD=POST

I'm having a problem with my Squid proxy server and webpages that use a
form with the method=post (virtually all). I'm getting the error message
that the connection was reset by peer while opening [NO URL]. The logs
state that the (in this case) CGI script was opened.
This error message appears with all types of form mails, forums etc.

The proxy is configured to always use it's parent proxy for requests,
since the cable provider doesn't deliver direct internet access (so only
via it's own proxy). When I configure the proxy of the cable provider
into the client directly it works, but when I configure the local Squid
proxy it fails on the error. All other type of web pages open normally.

Any pointers are welcome.

Eric Veraart