Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:46:12 -0700
From:      Kenji M <kenji@kenjim.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        kenji@kenjim.com
Subject:   ideal ipfw traffic shaping rules for small DSL net

Hello network gurus,
I'm looking for a good baseline ipfw shaping policy configuration for
people who are using small upstream DSL bandwidth.  I have 3Mbit
downstream and 768K upstream and I use a ipf for natting and ipfw
with dummynet to do traffic shaping.  Considering a 750KB upstream
pipe, what size queues would be the most beneficial to balance
http, ssh, and other chat protocols sitting behind the natted firewall?

I'm looking for some sample configurations to study.

Any pointers appreciated!

-Kenji

--
kenji morishige