Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 21:53:23 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   chipmunk makefile in distfiles

I just ran a make fetch-list, & see this queued for action:
  ncftp -N ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/chipmunk/Makefile

Although we don't currently have /usr/ports/distfiles/Makefile,
it seems a pity to let some arbitrary app. get in the way.

Chipmunk fetches ~8 things called anthing but chipmunk,
I guess we're all pruning old files out of distfiles by hand right now,
but one day we're going to need some kind of
	`remove anything from /usr/ports/distfiles that's not fetched by
	ports/Makefile make fetch' sort of functionality,
That might be one of the reasons we'd like to keep distfiles/Makefile
name space clear from usage by apps.

Julian S