Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:45:36 -0700
From:      Thomas Connolly <tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com>
To:        "Mark-Nathaniel Weisman" <mark@outlander.us>, "Warren Block" <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wireless USB Mouse.

I'm with Mark on this one.  I have a USB Microsoft Optical IntelliMouse=20
Explorer that works great in the console and in x.  I'm using FreeBSD 4.7=
 so=20
it already had usb support added into the kernel out of the box.  I have=20
usbd_enabled=3D"YES" in my rc.conf file and I'm using /dev/sysmouse.  The=
 only=20
difference between my XF86conf file is that you use "Auto" while I was us=
ing=20
"MouseSystems" so I will change that, but again, my current USB mouse wor=
ks=20
fine.  Can someone please help us here?

Thanks,
Tom

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 06:47 pm, Mark-Nathaniel Weisman wrote:
> I'm confused, why isn't the USB port addressed directly ie /dev/uhid0 o=
> something? Although the section in your rc.conf file is substantially
> different than mine, what version are you using of FreeBSD? I'm told I
> had to recompile the kernel, then remake a device, then add these lines
> to the rc.conf file. Can you help me understand?
>
> His Faithful Servant,
> Mark

--=20
Thomas Connolly