Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:37:03 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere && building for "."

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr

On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 11:25:01PM +0300, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:
> > On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 07:48:37PM +0300, Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
> >> I have a quick question about poudriere and building for HEAD (AKA .
> >> AKA 10.0-CURRENT).
> >>
> >> When I created my buildjail, I used "." to specify version and method =
"csup".

> >> The funny thing is that now I get (please note "." instead of "10.0"):
> >>
> >> checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd.
> >> checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd.
> >>
> >> in all package builds.
> >>
> >> Most of packages do not dislike this, but there is at least one, which
> >> does - namely lsof - it fails to detect FreeBSD version.
> >>
> >> Could you please advise a solution for this?
> >
> > This should "normally" have been fixed in 2.0 and -devel, but it would =
needs you
> > to destroy/recreate your jail.
> >
> > Can you tell me which version of poudriere you were using when creating=
 your
> > jail?
>=20
> poudriere-1.5.4_1   Port build and test system

Using poudriere 2.0 should help on this :) (but need destroy/create the jai=
l)
>=20
> > Another way and simpler way to deal with package building on HEAD, is t=
o use the
> > new allbsd method, which will fetch the latest current sets build by al=
lbsd.org
> > people.
>=20
> Not quite sure I understand what you are talking about, could you,
> please, be more precise? :)

https://www.allbsd.org/ is providing recent snapshots sets, in 2.0 we provi=
de a
method called allbsd which will feth the prebuilt sets from allbsd (includi=
ng
for head) which will allow you to have a 10.0 jail without compiling :)

regards,
Bapt

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr

--4eRLI4hEmsdu6Npr--