Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:31:02 +0200
From:      Peder Blom <peder.blom@bredband.net>
To:        "Ganael Laplanche" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: playing a DVD with mplayer

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:36:37 +0000
"Ganael Laplanche" <ganael.laplanche@martymac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Isn't there a mean to launch the full DVD and to navigate through the
> in a graphical way (as ogle or xine) ?

You can define WITH_GUI when you build the port (see the Makefile). I
also think that there are some graphical frontends in ports/multimedia
that you might want to look at.

But as I've never used any gui for mplayer I don't know if they bring in
any additional functionality.

Note that if you use the command line you can put options in
~/.mplayer/config so most of the time you just have to enter something
like "mplayer -dvd 1" to watch a movie.